Updated: May 11, 2021
Simple changes can make a big impact, take a look and get a bonus free Better To-Do List download.
1. Stop tolerating what you know you shouldn't - The one commodity that is irreplaceable is time, when you stop tolerating the things that are not productive you will have more energy and time.
Quick Tip: Decide what you want and what you require, stick to it. Remember to use kindness and candor so that people are willing to hear what you are saying and that you are not responsible for other people's reactions.
2. Get complete - When you complete unfinished business and fully communicate, you will experience peace. Plus crossing an item off the to-do list when it's completed feels so good.
Quick tip: We as human beings respond to rewards, plan and allow yourself to receive 1 reward for each thing you complete, write your rewards down with your to-dos.
3. Simplify everything - Let go of everything that doesn't actively assist in improving your life. When you simplify your life, you will have much more space and experience balance.
Let's Elaborate: When people say simplify most think about the items around the office or house, but what about mental clutter? Rid yourself of needless worry and empty chatter, that way you have room in your head for productive and positive thinking. Here's a technique suggested by psychologytoday.com in their 5 Ways to Simplify Your Life article:
" When you catch yourself engaging in toxic thinking habits, take a deep breath, remind yourself it's not helpful, and proactively conjure up a more realistic inner dialogue."
4. Strengthen your foundation with self-care - When your needs are met and your personal foundation is solid, confidence replaces fear.
Quick Tip: Prioritize and schedule your sleep, it's essential! Also instead of reaching for coffee and your email or messages first thing, take 10-15 and meditate. What is something that the world's most successful people have in common? They all meditate. Read more about the benefits of meditation here and also here is a favorite guided meditation for success.
5. Orient yourself around what matters - When your life is oriented around what is most important to you, you will have clarity about what’s next.
6. Experiment and improve, continuously - When you build on what you have, you will become more successful.
Want to know more? Check out this article by the Harvard Business Review, A Step-by-Step Guide to Smart Business Experiments
7. Improve your strengths - When you build on what you have, you will become more successful.
8. Stockpile your assets and skills - When you build a reserve in every area, you can leverage more opportunities more quickly.
Quick Tip: Remember you are your best asset, before meeting with a potential client take a moment and remind yourself what you have to offer, remember you, your knowledge, experience, and skill set has value.
9. Integrate your life - When you make sure your life’s components fit together well, you will experience effortlessness
Let's elaborate: Keeping work and life separate is just misleading, Dorcas Cheng-Tozun, contributor for inc.com writes
"Critics of the term say that it creates an artificial separation between work and life, as if work were not a part of life. Others say it incorrectly implies a zero-sum equation in which life loses out while you're working, and vice versa."
and thus was born work-life integration. Want to learn how to integrate check out these helpful articles: Work-Life Balance vs. Work-Life Integration: How Are They Different, and Which One Is for You? or Why I Choose to Integrate Work and Life, Not Balance It.
10. Polish everything - When you buff up every aspect of your life, you will feel even more proud.
Quick Tip: Sharpening the tools in your professional belt is a necessity, it keeps you confident and current. Try and schedule a lunch and learn once a week where you and your colleagues or friends get together to sharpen, hone, or learn a new skill.
11. Value & prioritize your time - When you organize and prioritize your tasks and time, your productivity will sky rocket, you will rid yourself of time wasters, and your goals will be achievable.
Free Valuable Tool: Want to improve your time management? Here is a link to Certified Life Coach Institute's Better To Do List based on the Eisenhower Matrix. You can fill it out on your computer or print it out and take it with you just click the picture below!